Thursday 15 June 2017

FOR DANNE, CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.


Here is a poem I wrote for me dear friend Danne Van Cleve-Norton over in Las Vagas.

Danne Flying High

You to me are like the long awaited rains and
as your goodness falls so the land responds.
Nothing can grow without you. You are my constant.
You are like the glorious smell of just cut lawns.
That fresh wild scent of happiness found and
the splendid joy of seeing in brand new beginnings.

You lift me up when I am down and go that extra mile.
For that and for so much more, I am forever grateful.
You shower your light on the darkest of corners searching
to find those hidden meanings in all things worth knowing.
Never change, you are perfection and loved just the way you
are. You are kind, loving, caring but most of all you are true.

Those agonizing days when stupidity wins and reason is
rejected you are there, to battle out the issues and to comfort.
Like the seasons you are constant. Constantly evolving.
Finding new reasons to wake and explore some more.
You supported me when others turned their backs.
I just wanted to write and say. You’re the best bird in the sky.

JP. 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment